Thursday, December 20, 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

For this segment I started with Podcast.net. I looked for library news and the only result that came up was the SirsiDynix Institute. They had podcasts relating to a lot of topics in librarianship such as marketing, outreach and customer service.

Next I looked for podcasts on dog training and over 100 results popped up on Podcast.com. I switched to Yahoo! podcasts and tried to make the same two searches that I had done previously. I got mixed results. I found Yahoo! more difficult to maneuver so I rapidly lost interest in searching there.

PodcastAlley.com was a treasure trove. When I entered the search terms I had used earlier I got lots more results. Everyone got 200 results, so I'm guessing that each topic holds his 200 most recent episodes. I found an incredible variety of topics available for any term I queried, some educational, some profane, and many that fell in-between.

No comments: