Friday, December 21, 2007

#23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I enjoyed the exploration of wikis and podcasts the most.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
The information in these exercises helped me keep up with some of the technological advances that our patrons are using already. It whet my appetite for some of the new things yet to come.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
The biggest surprise was how much more time some of the exercises took than I expected. It was hard to complete some of them if I had a busy stretch in my work schedule and couldn't complete them in one sitting. I usually had to come back later or another day, re-group and complete the exercise(s).

What ideas do you have for using these technologies at Harris County Public Library?
I think that podcasts or video sharing for some of the tasks on our website could be helpful. Some patrons would benefit from seeing how to place a hold, or how to access a database. for example. Book review wikis could also be fun.

What else do you want to learn about?
First I would like to spend time exploring some of the exercises that I wasn't able to explore to my satisfaction.

What other web 2.0 applications are you interested in?
As new applications come available it would be great if they were added to iHCPL, a training sequel of sorts. Sometimes we get so busy in our jobs that we miss a thing or two that would be beneficial. Yearly updated training could be a possibility.

No comments: