Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week #19 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

Zoho Writer is a great word processing tool. Its best feature is that it is accessible from any computer. I don't have to try and remember where I placed my flash drive last. It is fully loaded with all the features that I want like spellcheck and the formatting tools. It is supposed to make it possible for more than one user to work on, edit, etc. any document created on it. I wasn't able to prove that claim but everything else worked well so I think that will too.

There's a lot to like about this tool, but I felt a little overwhelmed trying to access some of the features, and there are a lot. I think that it will seem more friendly as I get used to the interface and become more familiar with each feature.

No comments: